Tuesday, March 9, 2010

On to Bigger and Better things

You have to know when to recognize opportunity and when to draw the line.

So I decided to quit The Asylum. I had to. There really wasn't much else I could learn and I was tired of being used by them for free labor. So I left. Moving on. I am glad that I worked for them while I did, but I am glad I left when I did. I took away what I could from the experience, and now I am off to other enterprises. I was pretty expendable to them anyway; they didn't seem too sad for me to go.

So next is SXSW! I am super excited for this. Last year it was so awesome, and this year it will only be better because I have an idea of what to expect. I am going to fully take advantage of what I can.

Last year I enjoyed myself: I got to do some cool things, see some cool things and be apart of a really cool thing. The only thing is, I didn't really take advantage of all the people that are around for this epic festival. But this year I am changing my game plan a little. Instead of just partaking in the festivities, I am going to try and meet as many people as possible AND enjoy the crazyness. Hopefully one of the people I meet will be able to help me find a job.

I may have to come out of my shell a little and be more aggressive (but not overly-aggressive) but I can't let this chance slip by. Maybe when I come out on the other side of this adventure that is SXSW, I will have a job and actually move up a little in the industry.

-Things I've learned: You have to draw the line somewhere. I'm not sure I was benefiting from working at The Asylum. They were getting more from me than I was from them and I had to realize that. That's ok though, I will be better for it in the end. If not.... at least its a good story.

-Plans for the future: Go to SXSW and rock it like no one has ever rocked it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment