Monday, November 8, 2010

One Year.

The beginning of November marks my one year mark in LA. I think the 6th, maybe the 7th? Regardless of the exact day, it is still pretty unreal to me that a year has already passed me by. And yes, I'd say "passed me by" is pretty accurate, because I'm not sure where it went. Crazyness.

One year is kind of a land mark for people who move to Los Angeles for the Entertainment Industry. Supposedly very few people make it this far. After a few months, they become discouraged enough to move back home. I may have been discouraged but some how I decided to stay. Perhaps that was a mistake?

Oh well, I'm still here. And I have to say, while the time really did seem to fly by, I did have some accomplishments. I worked on a couple different feature films (one with a budget of $300 million), I have a full time job, I made some friends and I still have a roof over my head and a little bit of money in my bank account. Kind of a success. Surviving, if nothing else.

Yet, when I think of what I have done, I can't help but to think of where I could be. I still have such high expectations for myself. I feel like I could be further along in my career than I am now. Where would that put me? Who knows. Maybe it's just my lingering naivete, and I should be happy that I at least made it this far. If I can count the little successes, it is going to be a long hard run here in LaLa land.

So yes. I have done good thus far. I am in a better position that I was a year ago and I am still on the rise. Let's just keep this going. Little by little, eh? How 'bout it?

No comments:

Post a Comment