Sunday, June 14, 2009

Introduction - Starting at the bottom

Life ain't easy. No one said it would be. It especially isn't easy when you've got to start at the bottom and work your way up. That's about where I am in life.

Let me introduce myself. My name is John Nemec. I am a 22 year old college graduate who is starting out looking for work after school. I graduated from Texas State University in San Marcos. It only took me 4 years but I now have a degree in Mass Communication. I still have an apartment in San Marcos, but I go back and forth between there and Houston, where I am originally from. My lease on my apartment is up towards the end of the summer, so I pretty much have until then to figure out what I am going to do.

Thus, here I am. In that weird limbo between finishing school and finding a job. But what do I really want to do? That is a good question. And how am I going get to where I want to be? Another good question. Well, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do. I would love to be a movie director. I am a creative person and I have ideas that I think would be great. If being a director doesn't work out, I would love to work for the Discovery Channel. I think they are the best network out there and I want to make shows for them. Its just the second question that is the hard part. How am I going to get where I want to be? This is my challenge. I cannot just jump into those positions. I have to work my way there, starting at the bottom.

I admit, I don't have the experience needed to be an expert director. And I know that the Discovery Channel doesn't hire any old chump off the street. It takes lots of knowledge to succeed in these positions and I'm not too arrogant or naive to admit that I'm not ready. But I am ready to work toward getting there. I'm not afraid of hard work, and I am determined to get to the top.

So, this blog is dedicated to the journey of my career. Here I am, starting at the beginning. Hopefully this will lead to somewhere, but only time will tell. Untill then, join me on my ride to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment