Thursday, January 14, 2010

It all happened so fast...

Good and Bad news to report. I'll start with the bad. I didn't get the internship at Aid+Abet. It's ok though, because the good news is I got one a different production company called Asylum.

After my spectacular failure of an interview with Aid+Abet, I got back to the job search. I applied to several postings, one of which was for a production company called Asylum. This was on Monday. They sent me an email on Tuesday then called me and said I was one of the applicants they would consider for an interview and asked if I was available. I said I was and I went in on Wednesday and had a really good interview. This time I was feeling well and was on my A game. The Line Producer, who was interviewing me, seemed to like me, from what I could gather. She mentioned that she was looking for people to start as soon as the next day, which I, of course, am very much available and I told her I could start whenever she needed me. We talked a little bit more about the position and as the interview ended and I left, she said she would call me and let me know of any kind of decisions they made. Well I hadn't even gotten home (it's like a 30 min drive) when I got a call that asked if I could start on Friday. I was ecstatic. So excited that I had to call my mom. And she was ecstatic, too.

So it all happened pretty fast, but I go in tomorrow for my first Office PA job. It won't be paid, but that was kinda expected. But I am pretty excited to work for Asylum. They are... well... interesting. They specialize in making pretty off the wall B-movies and sort of copy cat movies. Some of their credits include "Transmorphers" "Snakes on a Train" and "Paranormal Entity". And another original that they are sorta famous for is "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" and one they have in production now is called "Mega Piranha". So needless to say, these aren't your run of the mill movies. They are so much more. The one I will be working on is tentatively called"Sinbad the Sailor".

From what I was told during the interview, I will be working on getting the logistics for the new production together, things like finding locations and hiring actors. It is going to be great experience for me. I have a feeling that I am going to learn a lot of new things that will prepare me for jobs in the future. And it is good because the company isn't huge, so I will get a lot of experience doing a lot of different things. This could be the beginning of a beautiful thing.


-What I've Learned: Be ready to do anything, anytime. If one thing doesn't go your way something else could come at you fast, so you gotta be ready.

-Plans for the Future: Get started at Asylum and learn my job as quick and well as possible.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on the new job!!!! (this is katie enloe, btw)

    ReplyDelete