Saturday, January 9, 2010

Starting Back up again

I'm back in LA from the Holidays. I always a good time going home and seeing my family and eating till I can eat no more, but I was ready to come back and get to work. So let's get to work....Now.

I wish it was that easy. I don't really have anything to "do" at the moment. I did have my interview for the internship at Aid+Abet. I'm just not sure it went very well. I was sick (although I made sure I didn't look sick) so I wasn't on my A game. During the process I kept it together as well as a could and the whole thing lasted around 10 min. After I got home I, of course, thought up tons of stuff I should have said. I didn't sell myself as well as a could have. It's ok though. I think there are others that will be more qualified than I am. I would do a good job there and I still might get it but I still don't know. He said he would let me know some time soon, so we'll see, although I'm not putting too much stock in it.

I also have been following up on some leads that I was given. My industry connection gave me the names and emails of several people she knows who might be able to help me. I sent them all an email and now I wait. I also wrote the guys from the Jonas shoot to see if there is any opportunity there. That would be ideal, but I guess I can't put too much stock in that either.

Another interesting opportunity came up as well. One of the actors from the Joshua Tree Experience wrote me asking if I wanted to work the Golden Globes and to sent his friend an email. So I did. Once again I await a response, with little stock invested.

So I have a pretty diversified portfolio of opportunity. The market is down, but all I need is one hit and I will be back on top.

-Things I've Learned: That I can stretch to make a vague comparison of my job market to the stock market. Just have to wait for a good return. Put yourself out there and wait.

-Plans for the Future: Hope that something comes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment