Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A little sanity at The Asylum

So things have really slowed down around The Asylum.

We finally had our last day (at least I hope...) of casting yesterday. After 6 days of reading people, I am starting to think that I could play some of the roles. I would probably be better than some of the people that came in to audition (it's ridiculous, some of the people who came in) . I guess its good that I got to go through all of the casting ordeals, because I feel like I am much better at judging talent than I was before. And now I know how to run an audition and am ready for the next time I have to do it. I know what to do and I know (a whole lot) what not to do.

So now I am just working in the production office and things are not very exciting anymore. I check the e-mail or call over to Belize to see if there is anything they need me to do. Most of the stuff is research or finding info on what ever random thing they need to know about (rock climbing place for stunts, body paint, fake teeth, shipping and customs, just to name a few). Every now and then I fill out some paper work or do other random things. I will tell you, they're really getting their moneys worth out of me (I don't get paid).

I would like to stay at The Asylum for the next film they are making, but I want to start getting paid. If they ask me to stay on it would be difficult to say no. This is a good place to work because I get a lot of experience in a lot of departments and everyone is really cool, but I kind of want to move on to bigger and better things. What those are and where I find them, I don't know....

-Things I Learned: the audition process, the work of an office PA (even if it's at The Asylum which is a beast unlike any other)

-Plans for the Future: Keep working at The Asylum while searching for other opportunities

1 comment:

  1. So wait... does this mean that you were the casting director for this? Or is that a decision that the producer makes when you send the footage off to Belize?

    ReplyDelete