Thursday, November 12, 2009

First LA gig

Less than a week living here and I'm already a working man.

At least I think so. It all happened yesterday when I was looking online for any kind of work as a Production Assistant. I came across a post on the website Mandy.com that was asking for Production Assistants this weekend for a music video shoot. Being that music videos are pretty much my specialty thus far (I've worked three), I figured I would be a likely candidate. So I sent in my resume and a cover letter and crossed my fingers.

In the afternoon I got a phone call from someone in charge of the shoot. I couldn't really hear the details because my cell phone doesn't get a good signal, but in a nut shell he basically told me I could have the job if I wanted it. Needless to say, I hopped on it! He said he would email me a treatment and outline with the details, but what I know so far is that the shoot is this Friday, 8am-8pm, Saturday, 8am-8pm, and Sunday 6:30am-12:00 noon. I haven't received the any email yet and the way it is probably going to end up happening is I am going to get it sometime around midnight tonight and have to be ready to go bright and early tomorrow morning.

I don't know who the artist is and I'm not even sure if I'm going to get paid, but nonetheless, I am excited to be out working. At the very least they will have to feed me. So that's something. I am going to make a strong effort to get to know everyone I am working with and build some relationships. I moved out here to get my career going and this seems to be a step in the right direction. I will keep you updated on how far I go in that direction.

-Things I've Learned: You can find work from the Internet. This was not the first thing I sent my resume to, but I eventually found something. It can happen and I will definitely peruse it further.

-Goals for the Near Future: To rock it on this music video and make some connections with the people I am working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment