Monday, November 23, 2009

Response in a timely manner

I heard back from both of my gigs that I potentially have lined up.

I'll start with my camping adventure. The guy in charge is named Keith and he called me this morning to pretty much tell me I had the job and to give me some details. So I guess I need to get a sleeping bag for this weekend! He told me I am basically going to be in charge of food and other stuff for the shoot. Hopefully I can work it so that I do more than hand out sandwiches and granola bars the whole time. Otherwise I am excited to get out there.

I also had my Skype interview. It was pretty cool and work out really well. The only problem we had was I don't think I want to work the job. It would be a 30 mile drive, one way, for 5 days, no pay or gas money. I really want to get a lot of work but I think this might be the line that I draw. I don't want to go too far in the hole to get good experience. Maybe if we were staying out there like my other job I have lined up I would do it, but not if I have to do a whole lot of driving. She mentioned car pool, which would be ok, but we'll have to see... She also said that she is working on a bunch of other stuff so there might be something else I would be able to work.

-Things I learned: You don't have to accept every job that comes your way. If it doesn't fit your schedule or if its something you really don't want to do, then don't do it. Look at the bigger picture.

-Plans for the near future: Buy a sleeping bag. Film low budget indie ghostie film at Joshua Tree.

1 comment: