Monday, April 26, 2010

A Little Excitement

I am coming through on the plans that I made.

I am now living Sherman Oaks. It's an all around better situation here. I really did like living in West Hollywood but it was time to move. So now I am living with people my own age, the rent is cheaper, and I'm closer to my other friends (that's right, I have friends!) who also live in North Hollywood. So that's all good. I just feel more in control of my own destiny.

And I also started an internship. I know, right? It's nothing too special though... I'm working with a company called Quantum Releasing, a distribution/production company. The reason I got hired (along with several other interns, who also applied on craigslist) is to help them prepare to go to Cannes film festival at the end of May. They have us calling other distribution companies from all over the world to set up meetings during Cannes. So I started in Greece and finished in Portugal, cold calling these companies to see if they are interested in doing business with Quantum. It's definitely "intern" work, but I am considering it something to do while I continue to look for better things. The only bad is that there is no pay (free labor once again, what is wrong with me?), it's not the greatest thing I've ever done and I have to go in a 5:00 am... Wait a minute, 5:00am?? Yes. Very early. But it's because I have to be on the time zone of the countries on the other side of the globe (i.e. Greece and Portugal). I only stay till 11:00 am, so I have the rest of the day ahead of me, and I consider myself a "morning person", so it's not too terrible. Maybe I'll get into a habit of going to bed early and waking up early (just not 5:00 am early...). At least I am getting better at talking to people on the phone and maybe I will learn a thing or two (see, there is a little positive here!).

What I've Learned: Everyone is looking for free labor.

Plans for the Future: Find decent work!

No comments:

Post a Comment