Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Uncertain Times

Guys, I have a confession to make: I cannot predict the future. It saddens me to say this, but I am no better than the next when it comes to telling what is coming up around the corner.

Whooo.... Glad to get that off my chest. Besides, if I could predict the future, I definitely would not be sitting here writing this blog (I would be sitting somewhere much more fancy!).

I am going through such a big transition point in my life. Now that I'm done with school I really need to get on the ball and find some work. I've been out there and applying and interviewing, but its been slow coming. I am waiting to hear back about the History Channel gig, but they tell me they are in a holding pattern to see about the new shows they are making. Therefore, I am in a holding pattern. But they haven't even told me I have the job for sure, so that makes it even more uncertain (Ahhhh).

I also made the decision to move out of the place I am living in right now. I just need to find a place that is a little cheaper to live in. And as much as I like living with my current house mates (a married couple with a 6-year-old kid), I think I need to find some people my own age. Maybe I can even make some friends out here. I'm young, single and moderately attractive (ok... fair to moderate... give me a break.... I'm going to get back into working out, again. I mean it this time!) and living in Los Angeles. There is no reason I shouldn't go out and have a good time. So, I've been looking on craigslist for place that would suit me and I found a place in Sherman Oaks which would be perfect. A couple of guys my age who seem pretty cool. The only thing is they have a different friend that might want to live in the room I would take. I can't really compete with that, so they are going to let me know in a couple of days. Once again, a holding pattern and more uncertainty.

I guess I will just have to wait and see.


-Things I've learned: You just have to go with the flow. At this point in my career, I will probably be going from job to job for a while and nothing will ever truly be full time. I just need to keep sticking with it.

-Plans for the future: Wait to hear back from these people and keep looking for other jobs and a places to live.

1 comment:

  1. Tell them you can predict the future (I know it's technically a lie, but you totally had me fooled until this very revealing post was put out there) and you'll totally get that room!! Go on, do it!

    ReplyDelete